Sunday, October 03, 2010

Mashup


Suppose I say the hardest thing to say.
Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide):
Whoever you are, I fear you are walking the walks of dreams,
I fear these supposed realities are to melt from under your feet;
It is difficult to say where
precisely, or to say
how large or small:
These are the words that lurk
between the words I say. One day I can't
abide your touch; the next day I can't stand
its absence.
And indeed there will be time,
There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
Time for you and time for me.



"The Rubin Vase" de Lindner, "This Is a Photograph of Me" de Atwood, "To You" de Whitman, "i carry your heart with me" de cummings, "The Love Song of Alfred J. Prufrock" de Eliot.

No comments: